Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

ALL NEW USERS START HERE! Messages and information about the board- Guests do not see ALL the forums! Register and JOIN for full access to rock solid information.

Culling the Herd

Postby admin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:30 pm

I'm in the process of deactivating dead, inactive and accounts that are so far behind in their dues as to fall into either of those categories. Some of those accounts may even be "lifetime" accounts. So I will explain. Some people were granted "lifetime" accounts in the beginning of HRE.COM... This was in reaction to their posting very helpful, informative or thought provoking questions and answers.. I felt that those people would be a big asset to this site and encourage others to come to learn and participate. It was a small price to pay for their knowledge and expertise..

Most of the "lifers" still contribute and participate. Others, took their "lifetime" membership and never posted another interesting or informative post.. Yes, I know that "Lifetime" should mean "LIFETIME", but deadwood is useless to me and to the members. And "LIFETIME" membership was a courtesy not an absolute right.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to maintain this site and the less work I have to do in bookkeeping and administration, the better off I am. So if you don't want to be a part of the place, I have no need for you to be on the roles. One could argue that I'm violating the intent of "lifetime" membership and I'd agree. But as I run the place, pay 99% of the bills (as many others seem to think that $40.00 is a "Lifetime" membership) then I get to make and change the rules as I see fit..

I've tuned down many inquires and generous offers from companies wanting to acquire HRE.COM because I still believe in this place. I would like to continue doing so, but at some point, it's going to be obvious that we've run our course. The site isn't worth anything in and of itself because I never monetized it, but the Three Letter Domain is HUGELY valuable. So I hope that some of you will recommend HRE.COM to others and perhaps we can rebuild our member roles to a point where I can afford to keep the place open..

I know that I periodically beg for people to pay their dues, and the reason for that is because MOST people DON'T.. Nobody likes a whiner, and I PERSONALLY HATE begging for money. It's annoying for you to read it and it's annoying for me to have to write it..

So that's what's happening here. I know it won't impact many of you because you post and participate, but I wanted to get it out there so that no one is left out of the loop.

Best to all our members.

Jim
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Re: Culling the Herd

Postby Paul New » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 am

My green has been sent thank you for keeping this place going! I know I have been here since 98 when we first went injected and I have learned a ton!
Paul New

6.47 at 214 mph 387" SBC 10-71 alky
Paul New
Pretends to be a Good Boy, but Isn't

Postby pdog » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:13 am

I’m still searching for my check book, honest…

Dog~~~~
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog
The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Postby GregM784 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:51 am

where can i send my yearly rations
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Means
Garden Valley, CA
Budget Bender Racing
http://www.MeansRacing.com
GregM784
Burnin' down the house

Postby trailer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Yeah what means said, a real address please not boat in dry dock somewhere on the eastern seaboard.
Just kidding I am on my 4th wife and understand. Remember me I send US money order. :D :D :D
trailer

Postby pdog » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Dear Mr. Admin Sir,,,

I finally found my check book, could you please post your FAX number so I can get a payment off to you soon?

Thanque,,,
Dog~~~
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog
The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Postby Ken bahd » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Oh wow, been sending cash, haven't you been receiving it? If I am in arrears let me know. I will make it up to you as soon as I sell the feeder pigs, just put the boar in with the sow today! :mrgreen:

Kenny
WHALE OIL, THE NEW BIO-DIESEL........A RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCE
Ken bahd

Forum Statistics