Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

ALL NEW USERS START HERE! Messages and information about the board- Guests do not see ALL the forums! Register and JOIN for full access to rock solid information.

Hello from Alaska

Postby HardcoreAK » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:53 pm

Hello Fellow gear heads,

My name is Cody I'm 41, male and normal, except for addiction to speed and hanging out late at night with cars that drink alcohol. :)

I am a new member here at HRE, and I guess a little about me is just that I been fascinated with motors and racing since I was in the loins, and beyond. My father and his friend had a 48 Anglia "gasser" called "The Blue Fox" it had a Hilborn Injected Gas 427BBC / 727 Crower clutch flite and olds rear on ladder bars back in the day. Being around that car kinda ruined me I guess. Listening to the lumpy "racer brown" roller cam, and straight out the zoomies it would give any living man with any gasoline in his veins and a pulse pure hickory wood. I started building my own car at 14, and still currently have it, a 72 Vega with an outdated 2x3 rail tube chassis and strut front. Its been on alcohol all of its modern life, with a GM block 406 / enderle bird on a edelbrock Pro-Ram. The glide has stock planets in it now, a 5500 (6600 actual) Neal Chance take apart convertor and a 12 bolt rear with spool and 4:30 gears. Its a blast to drive and I must say I have never really gotten it to run like I figured it should due to any number of issues, yet has still managed to run 9.01 at 149.98, which is right on the bump for being chassis / illegal. I hope to have some time to get some pics and profile built this week as time allows. I look forward to being a part of the board here and hope that I can bring something valuable as well as learn from the mass of knowledge here. :)
Cody McCollum
Owner / Operator
Hardcore Performance
Kenai, Alaska
HardcoreAK

Re: Hello from Alaska

Postby cad500justin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Great to have a new project around here!
cad500justin
March Meet 2013 Champion Crew

Postby pdog » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Welcome!

I have people, brothers, sisters and "others" in Alaska, keep your distance from them and from "The Corner"

Dog...
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog
The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Postby HardcoreAK » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:29 am

cad500justin wrote:Great to have a new project around here!

Thanks! I have five different race cars in progress of destruction, construction or restoration at this time... So there'll be plenty of pickins' :)
Cody McCollum
Owner / Operator
Hardcore Performance
Kenai, Alaska
HardcoreAK

Postby HardcoreAK » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:32 am

pdog wrote:Welcome!

I have people, brothers, sisters and "others" in Alaska, keep your distance from them and from "The Corner"

Dog...

Hmm, interesting! I would have to wonder if "the corner" could just be one of many... The only corner I plan on looking for goes to the return road! :)
Cody McCollum
Owner / Operator
Hardcore Performance
Kenai, Alaska
HardcoreAK

Postby pdog » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:20 pm

HardcoreAK wrote:
Hmm, interesting! I would have to wonder if "the corner" could just be one of many... The only corner I plan on looking for goes to the return road! :)

The HRE "The Corner" where all bad, lippy or irritating HRE Hooligans and misfits end up, even bad dogs end up in "The Corner" once Mr. Admin Sir can catch them and Mr. Admin Sir is a seasoned dog catcher who never returns with an empty crate :!:
"The Corner" is much like the Hotel California where you can check out any time you want but you can never leave :cry:

Sincerely,,,
The Corner Canine...

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog

Postby admin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Cody is prime "Corner" material. He's in Alaska for one, so we know he has a stubborn streak and worse than that, he lives in my old stomping grounds of Kenai where I was forced to fly the Otter while my pilot was looking for his pen, had to pay $48.00 for 3 eggs and bacon and a cup of coffee and was nearly eaten by a bear. Come to think of it, I'll send MYSELF to the corner for some R&R. MOVE OVER YOU RAPSCALLIONS! :lol:
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby Eric David Bru » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:42 pm

pdog wrote:"The Corner" is much like the Hotel California where you can check out any time you want but you can never leave...

Not that anyone would want to leave... 8-)

EDB
Eric 8-)
The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
Eric David Bru
March Meet 2013 Champion Crew

Postby pdog » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:23 pm

My lil' sisty ugler lives in Kenai, I had to chase the damn moose away from her car so she could go earn me my federal stipend!

No Thanque!
Dog….
Last edited by pdog on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog

Postby admin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:49 am

For a tiny remote part of the planet, there sure are a lot of us hooligans who've traipesed through that town!
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Next
Forum Statistics