Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

ALL NEW USERS START HERE! Messages and information about the board- Guests do not see ALL the forums! Register and JOIN for full access to rock solid information.

What do you think about the Mosh Pit?

The Greatest Thing Since the Christmas Tree.
No votes
Harmless Fun and Good Times
6%
A Bit Overblown
6%
Not My Cup of Tea
50%
Fanning Dumping Cow Dung Made More Sense.
38%

Total votes : 16

Mosh Pit Madness

Postby admin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Is it me? am I the only person who thinks that this new habit of the "Mosh Pit" when someone wins a pro category is evidence of the end of civilization as we know it?

Drag racing has always had an image problem. We were Hoodlums, Delinquents. Dare Devils, Anti-Social Misfits etc. etc. Corporate involvement halted a lot of the 'bad behavior" that went on at a lot of tracks, but lately, it seems as if we're going backwards.

How insipid is it to jump onto your teammate, knocking them to the ground and then having the rest of the crew pile on you? To me, it just gives off an image of immaturity and lack of professionalism. COuld it be that teams are hiring young men who haven't developed socially to the point that such behavior is viewed as childish? I don't know, but every time I see this display of stupidity, I get the feeling that I know why the stands are usually pretty bare at national events.

Am I all wet? Do I need to listen to a Metallica Album? Let me know. Here's the Poll. I voted, you should too.
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Re: Mosh Pit Madness

Postby pdog » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Dear Mr. Admin Sir,,,

Go ahead and listen to your Metallica Album just don't jump on me when you feel the desire, I bite!

Dog...
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog
The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Postby admin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:43 am

I'm more of a Clara Rockmore fan.
clara-rockmore.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby coe » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:11 am

I agree Jim. I too think it's childish, but look at all of the other "professional" sports...they all do it. Maybe racers are tired of feeling left out?!

~Ron
coe

Postby pogster41 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:02 am

It all started with those soccer players hugging and kissing. :lol: :lol:

There just isn't enough theremin music in the stores. :) :)
"You won't like me when I'm angry. Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources." - The Credible Hulk.
pogster41

Postby cad500justin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:24 am

For god sakes skip the new Metallica album. James hetfield's vocals keep getting worse as he no longer appears to be possessed by satan.
I'd recommend an old slayer album myself if you need moshing inspiration. Perhaps "raining blood"? It's handy to have around just in case hippies are encroaching-hippies hate death metal.
I'm gonna laugh when one of the million dollar babies just hurt in a celebration like a few baseball players have in recent years.
I vote we bring back the pie in the face.
cad500justin
March Meet 2013 Champion Crew

Postby HardcoreAK » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:31 am

admin wrote:Is it me? am I the only person who thinks that this new habit of the "Mosh Pit" when someone wins a pro category is evidence of the end of civilization as we know it?

Drag racing has always had an image problem. We were Hoodlums, Delinquents. Dare Devils, Anti-Social Misfits etc. etc. Corporate involvement halted a lot of the 'bad behavior" that went on at a lot of tracks, but lately, it seems as if we're going backwards.

How insipid is it to jump onto your teammate, knocking them to the ground and then having the rest of the crew pile on you? To me, it just gives off an image of immaturity and lack of professionalism. COuld it be that teams are hiring young men who haven't developed socially to the point that such behavior is viewed as childish? I don't know, but every time I see this display of stupidity, I get the feeling that I know why the stands are usually pretty bare at national events.

Am I all wet? Do I need to listen to a Metallica Album? Let me know. Here's the Poll. I voted, you should too.

I could not have said it better Sir... But (the proverbial BUT!!) no disrespect intended, I have thought the same line of thinking. What are they doing? The race is over, a high five is good and then GTFO the way...!!! When I'm in the staging lanes waiting for them to clear the track I'm just thinking the whole time, I'm going to run over a tool, or a part that fell out their pocket and cut my tire!!

I lean toward thinking its more like a bunch of hood rats with their baggy britches throwin gang signs and grabbing their crotches... Like its a rap video, It's an MTV thing?

I agree Justin! Slayer is mosh music! (Just say NO to NEW METALLICA!!) but classic Mettalica? Come on, thats the tunes of the racing gods!!
When I am thrashing to get the car loaded, and things packed to hit the road.... Thats whats jammin my ear holes. Anymore, my Dad even says he likes it... but anythings better than Rap... :ugeek:
Cody McCollum
Owner / Operator
Hardcore Performance
Kenai, Alaska
HardcoreAK

Postby admin » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:06 am

Actually, the Music of the racing gods in my opinion is Steppenwolf/Ides of March/Tower of Power/Blue Cheer/10 Wheel Drive with Genya Ravan and others. But that was back when P-Dog was only a whelp.
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby cad500justin » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:57 am

Jerry reed for the road trip to the track!
cad500justin
March Meet 2013 Champion Crew

Postby admin » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:37 am

Yeeahhhh!
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Forum Statistics