Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

ALL NEW USERS START HERE! Messages and information about the board- Guests do not see ALL the forums! Register and JOIN for full access to rock solid information.
EDB

Re: EDB

Postby Buck » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:24 pm

I may be crazy but I am converting my ENCO mill to cnc. I had to grind a lot on the ball feed screws to
get them to fit . I am still fitting the stepper motors because they did not make a kit for my mill
I used a kit for a Bridgeport somewhat like mine. FLASHCUT is the kit. I am still looking for drawing
program. The quest never ends
Buck Travis
Buck
Photo Expert

Postby admin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:50 am

Hi Buck

I used Flashcut many hears ago with a SHERLINE CNC that I put together. It worked quite well for what I needed at the time. IT will do 3d so it's a full featured program. The manual will have good examples. Work through them and you'll be fine. ENCO and GRIZZLEY are pretty much the same company so you can also look on those sites. There is a guy HOSSMACHINE who does a lot of stuff for those machines. Might be worth a look.
I can't recommend CAMBAM enough. It's very affordable at $149.00 and it does almost anything you want to do. Honestly, I use it far more often than our big packages because most of what I do is really 2D so I don't need fancy. CAMBAM is far more powerful than it looks too, so you won't grow out of it. You can draw AND generate the G Code quite easily and the support is very good too.

http://www.cambam.info/

You can download it for free and see if you like it. There is even an older version that isn't time limited that you can just use. (may have some bugs that were addressed in later versions, but nothing too worriesome.)

You might also want to take a look at MACH3 You can also find that on the CAMBAM site.
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby pdog » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:35 pm

I know for fact that with some of these limited controls you can BS your way into making them do things "they will not do" according to the manufacturer.
Once you get comfortable with the programing and are willing to experiment a bit you see just what I mean… 8-)

Dog...
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog
The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Previous
Forum Statistics