Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

ALL NEW USERS START HERE! Messages and information about the board- Guests do not see ALL the forums! Register and JOIN for full access to rock solid information.

Greetings from Bakersfield

Postby gojomojo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Hello everyone, new member here from Bakersfield,Ca. I was directed here from a post on another site saying this place is incredible and the wealth of knowledge is worth every penny of the membership. From what I've seen they weren't kidding. I currently drive a A/Gas car for a gentleman by the name of Larry Ofria. Some of you may know him or his shop in Northridge, Valley Head Service. Driving his car has been a lot of fun the past 8 years but I've always wanted a digger so I've been collecting parts for a few years to build one. The plan is to run NE2 (8.60 index) because NE1 and A/Gas run back to back in the ANRA series so things would get a little crazy trying to drive both cars in eliminations and hopefully running a little slower will keep the costs down on the engine build. The chassis is being started next month by Bruce Dyda at DRE in LA. and Larry will be handling the machine work on the Injected small block chevy. I'm looking at this first car as a learning experience for me. My only other engine building experience has been a couple of flatheads for a hot rod I had at one time and a injected olds motor that I had to sell before I could get it running. I've never tuned a race car before but hopefully between Larry, the injection manual and this site I will be able to get down the track.

-Andy
gojomojo

Re: Greetings from Bakersfield

Postby GregM784 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Andy, good to see you here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Means
Garden Valley, CA
Budget Bender Racing
http://www.MeansRacing.com
GregM784
Burnin' down the house

Postby gojomojo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Thanks Greg. Good to be here

-Andy
gojomojo

Postby HardcoreAK » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:24 am

Welcome from Alaska, Andy, sounds like you are in the right place!
Cody McCollum
Owner / Operator
Hardcore Performance
Kenai, Alaska
HardcoreAK

Postby HardcoreAK » Tue May 12, 2015 1:18 am

I can't say enough for just randomly picking up "the manual" and reading it front to back, and picking a topic that has you scratching your head, just search the forum, and archives for the related term.
Cody McCollum
Owner / Operator
Hardcore Performance
Kenai, Alaska
HardcoreAK

Forum Statistics