Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

ALL NEW USERS START HERE! Messages and information about the board- Guests do not see ALL the forums! Register and JOIN for full access to rock solid information.

Postby BRI7070 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:23 pm

Good Morning All,

My name is Brian Arnold and today is my first day here so here is a little about me.
I have lived in Northern California for most of my life. I did a 10 year tour of duty in the Navy where I was Hull Maintenance Technician (HT). As an HT I learned the basics of welding, plumbing, pipe fitting, sheet metal layout and bending, fire fighting, and several other skills. The HT is often refereed to as "The Jack of all and master of none" In my 3rd year I attended Non Destructive Testing of Metals (NDT) school and became a welding inspector and honed my inspection skills repairing Submarines. I love what I did. However I found out the hard way that I was not Superman and I now just do have the body I used to.

I have always had a love affair with cars. It started in 1978 with my brothers 1st car, A 1970 Dodge Challenger. It became a family hobby to go drag racing and that is where i cut my teeth turning wrenches and the ripe old age of 7. Fast forward to 1995 and I got a call from my brother giving me first crack at buying the Challenger and I could not get him the money fast enough. I still have the car and it is in line for a complete remake. I will be going the Pro Street look with it but there are two other projects of mine and two friends projects in line befoe the Challenger. Right now I am putting the body from a 1978 Dodge Ramcharger onto a 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 2X4 5 speed and will be converting it to a 4X4 with an auto. This project is quite the undertaking as the seats I want to run required me to drop the entire floor 7 inches and re fabricate the body mounts with a 4 inches lift to clear the frame. The hardest part about this is doing it with out it looking wrong. So far it is looking good but there is still a lot of work to do. I also have a 1969 VW Karmann Ghia, to receive Subaru power, to do for the wife and I am helping my brother in law with his sleeper 1966 Dodge Coronet and my high school buddy with his pro street 72 Dodge Demon.

Well that is a bit about me and look forward to meeting you all.
BRI7070

Re: New Member

Postby pdog » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:09 pm

Welcome to HRE.COM AKA the best damn hot rod site on the planet.
You're right there in Dodge City Central, it sounds like with your many on going projects. Dodge this and Dodge that and then there's this Dodge etc. That's all kewl :mrgreen:

I came, I read, I pondered, you'll be in "The Corner" before you know it :lol:

Destitute Dog~ AKA The Corner Canine~
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog
The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Postby Eric David Bru » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Welcome aboard.
Eric 8-)
The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
Eric David Bru
March Meet 2013 Champion Crew

Postby GregM784 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Welcome! Another NorCal guy. Sweet! they're are a few of us in here. where abouts? i'm an hr north of sacramento.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Means
Garden Valley, CA
Budget Bender Racing
http://www.MeansRacing.com
GregM784
Burnin' down the house

Postby pdog » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:47 pm

GregM784 wrote:Welcome! Another NorCal guy. Sweet! they're are a few of us in here. where abouts? i'm an hr north of sacramento.

Last I heard you were IN Sacramento and you'll be IN Oregon soon = WTF???

Ditzy Dog~

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog

Postby GregM784 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Currently i'm in Sac (at work).
Soon i'll be road tripping thru Oregon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Means
Garden Valley, CA
Budget Bender Racing
http://www.MeansRacing.com
GregM784
Burnin' down the house

Postby pdog » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:30 pm

GregM784 wrote:Currently i'm in Sac (at work).
Soon i'll be road tripping thru Oregon

Now ya hear me cluck'n :!:
Frazzled Fido~

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog

Postby BRI7070 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:15 pm

GregM784 wrote:Welcome! Another NorCal guy. Sweet! they're are a few of us in here. where abouts? i'm an hr north of sacramento.

I see you are just outside of Folsom, I am in Yuba City.
BRI7070

Forum Statistics