Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

ALL NEW USERS START HERE! Messages and information about the board- Guests do not see ALL the forums! Register and JOIN for full access to rock solid information.

Re: Brand New to the Forum!

Postby Paul New » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:51 pm

welcome, when he says late model hemi I would assume a BAE or TFX. I had a brief stint with one....... went back to my little SBC :twisted:
Paul New

6.47 at 214 mph 387" SBC 10-71 alky
Paul New
Pretends to be a Good Boy, but Isn't

Postby GregM784 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Welcome to the most real forum around.

BTW< we'll have a member at that NDRL race. He's a 7.0Pro racer. Steve & Sally Walczak
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Means
Garden Valley, CA
Budget Bender Racing
http://www.MeansRacing.com
GregM784
Burnin' down the house

Postby cad500justin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:22 am

Welcome aboard! I was on here a few years before I got the FED bug. And now I have the crazy idea to put nitro in a Cadillac motor, and nobody has been able to talk me out of it.
Once you follow admin's steps, maybe break your questions into individual ones. And we can analyze them individually!
cad500justin
March Meet 2013 Champion Crew

Postby danielb210 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Chevy_Josh wrote:
pdog wrote:Might as well swap that BBC out for a late model hemi before you waste your dosh on something that won’t take the heat,,, so to speak… :roll:

Yap~

Is there something about the late model Hemi that lends itself to nitro racing? When you say late model Hemi, what do you mean?

You've got to decide what your goal is and where you want to go with it. BBC will do just fine on nitro but you are not going to be competitive with big show nostalgia cars. That said, depending on where you live you can have a lot of fun and have a quick car people want to see. Have several friends that have done it and with great success. It's a lot of maintenance and care with the fuel system or it will bite you real quick.
danielb210
One Bad Altered!

Postby Chevy_Josh » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Where would one race a nitro fed FED? I am about 3 hours south of Chicago. I know about the NDRL. Is there anything else out there?
Chevy_Josh

Postby danielb210 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Chevy_Josh wrote:Where would one race a nitro fed FED? I am about 3 hours south of Chicago. I know about the NDRL. Is there anything else out there?

If you have a Nitro FED and it belches big flames and makes a half decent pass tracks will still pay you to show up. The is a 4.0 class they run at Eddyville, Iowa that a would welcome you with open arms. The CSS that I run with would welcome you as well. I'm sure there are more if I looked.
danielb210
One Bad Altered!

Postby HardcoreAK » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 pm

Chevy_Josh wrote:Hey Guys! Just stumbled across this forum while looking for information on running Nitro on the web while in the campground at the US Nationals.

I currently run a bracket 1969 Camaro with a 355 sbc. Pretty normal deal...13:1 compression, aluminum heads, PG trans with a ProBrake.

I have always wanted to run a FED with Chevy power. I was trying to plan it all out when I found this place. So far the plan goes something like this...

1)Get a FED with an NA BBC, to learn how to run such a creature.
2)Step up power with Tunnel Ram mechanical injection set up on methanol.
3)Add a 8-71 blower.
4)Add Nitro...

Seems pretty simple...LOL Now all I need is experience. I was thinking of volunteering for a crew at the upcoming NDRL Drags in Bowling Green in October, or at least attending, and trying to talk with some of the crews.

Any advice of where to start, what to buy, what not to buy, what to do, what not to do would be greatly appreciated. There is no timeline on any of this. Just want to learn at my own pace, and as fast as the budget allows.

And with that...HELLO!

Welcome aboard, I was wandering your same road less travelled. Listened to a lot of BSand poppy cock over the years and then I found this place. Now after the knowledge Ive gained here, I dont just kinda have an idea where my tune up is going. I Know.

This is the best forum / board on the web when it comes to real world experience.

There are mostly OLD FED's out there for sale, so look for a good straight chassis with fairly recent certs. There was a like new beautiful car set up SBC for NE1 at the CHRR! Theres so much outdated stuff out there, so be careful, just dont get in a hurry and ask lots of questions and make solid decisions.

And I highly recommend following the steps that Dad mentioned.... :D
Cody McCollum
Owner / Operator
Hardcore Performance
Kenai, Alaska
HardcoreAK

Postby Eric David Bru » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Josh's last post was Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 pm , I haven't seen anything since.
Eric 8-)
The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
Eric David Bru
March Meet 2013 Champion Crew

Postby admin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Overwhelemed by the fact that no one called him names...
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Previous
Forum Statistics