Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

ALL NEW USERS START HERE! Messages and information about the board- Guests do not see ALL the forums! Register and JOIN for full access to rock solid information.

What's Old is New Again

Postby coe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Hey all! Was a member a couple of years ago but had to take a bit of time away from the automotive world for a while, but I am back now. Didn't post a lot back then but read A LOT! Still have the same project car that is being resurrected (blown altered) and even added a project '70 Chevelle that my youngest and I are going to restore/mod. Glad to be back! Look forward to picking ya'lls brains.

~Ron (aka coe)
coe

Re: What's Old is New Again

Postby uglytruck » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Welcome back Ron!
Clay Allen

Clay's Transmissions
High Performance Transmissions and Parts

Simul Iustus et Peccator
uglytruck
Sky King

Postby cad500justin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Glad to have you back!
cad500justin
March Meet 2013 Champion Crew

Postby coe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Thanks guys, it's good to be back!
coe

Postby GregM784 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:46 am

Welcome home!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Means
Garden Valley, CA
Budget Bender Racing
http://www.MeansRacing.com
GregM784
Burnin' down the house

Postby jrfuel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 am

Glad to have you back.
Update us on the Altered and Chevelle!
Keith
jrfuel
Behaved Properly...Once

Postby coe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am

Keith,

The altered is a 125" chassis with a late 80's Corvette funnycar body, 3-spd Lenco with a 3-disc 10" Ram clutch, and Strange top loader rear.
Going to replace the funnycar body with a '48 Fiat Outlaw coupe body. My plan for the engine is a mild (1000-1200 HP)
blown BBC on alcohol. Bought a 454 block, crank and heads but now it looks like they will end up in the Chevelle, so will be needing
to start over again with the engine.

The '70 Chevelle is a 6-cyl, auto, Malibu that is a basket case...but mostly all there. Going to clone/mod it as an SS (454, 4-spd). I bought
this for my 11-year old son (older son and daughter have no interest in cars) so that he will have a cool car when he hits high school. Told
him he only gets it if he puts work into it. So far he has.

These will be long term projects...just a poor engineer...MY priority is the altered, but my wife and son say the Chevelle. We all know who will win that one!

Before anything is started I need to put my '99 Jeep TJ back together. A drunk driver smashed into it while it was parked in front of the house. Bent
the control arms and perches. Bought replacements and need to weld them in, do some bodywork and paint it.

Also getting ready to order a 2-post lift for my new garage addition. Still researching that. Any one have any recommendations?

~Ron
coe

Postby danielb210 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm

coe wrote:Keith,

The altered is a 125" chassis with a late 80's Corvette funnycar body, 3-spd Lenco with a 3-disc 10" Ram clutch, and Strange top loader rear.
Going to replace the funnycar body with a '48 Fiat Outlaw coupe body. My plan for the engine is a mild (1000-1200 HP)
blown BBC on alcohol. Bought a 454 block, crank and heads but now it looks like they will end up in the Chevelle, so will be needing
to start over again with the engine.

The '70 Chevelle is a 6-cyl, auto, Malibu that is a basket case...but mostly all there. Going to clone/mod it as an SS (454, 4-spd). I bought
this for my 11-year old son (older son and daughter have no interest in cars) so that he will have a cool car when he hits high school. Told
him he only gets it if he puts work into it. So far he has.

These will be long term projects...just a poor engineer...MY priority is the altered, but my wife and son say the Chevelle. We all know who will win that one!

Before anything is started I need to put my '99 Jeep TJ back together. A drunk driver smashed into it while it was parked in front of the house. Bent
the control arms and perches. Bought replacements and need to weld them in, do some bodywork and paint it.

Also getting ready to order a 2-post lift for my new garage addition. Still researching that. Any one have any recommendations?

~Ron

What's the plan for the funny car body could probably find you a home.
danielb210
One Bad Altered!

Postby admin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:40 am

Looks like you got in.. Thank you for your continued support! Glad to have you back... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby pogster41 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:09 am

Welcome back Ron !!
"You won't like me when I'm angry. Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources." - The Credible Hulk.
pogster41

Next
Forum Statistics