Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. So we know that Racing isn't a "HOBBY" with anyone here. So in your "off time" what do you do to unwind? Fish, Ride Motorcycles, Bowling, Paint? Let's hear about your favorite thing to do when you don't have to do anything else.

Re: New project.

Postby admin » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Wish your daughter a Happy Birthday for all of us here at HRE.COM. I hope all have a nice day and enjoy it with their loved ones. Stay safe and enjoy yourselves. Life is too short to not enjoy it.
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby danielb210 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Ok, couldn't help myself. Got it up on the cart and had to see what it was gonna look like. Tire isn't in the right spot, but you get the picture. Time to coat with glass and get ready to make the mold.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
danielb210
One Bad Altered!

Postby danielb210 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:28 pm

First 2 coats of resin on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
danielb210
One Bad Altered!

Postby admin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:32 pm

You should be really proud of your work. Just amazing. And in a very short amount of time. Well Done. Now let's see it finished and on a chassis1
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby danielb210 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:45 am

admin wrote:You should be really proud of your work. Just amazing. And in a very short amount of time. Well Done. Now let's see it finished and on a chassis1

Thanks Dad. Got to order a bunch of glass and resin. Hopefully in 3 weeks or less I will have a body on the car.
danielb210
One Bad Altered!

Postby danielb210 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:36 pm

I almost chickened out of molding the body lines in. I debated how to do it and decided to lay it out with masking tape, over lay with bondo and pull before it was dry. Wasn't sure how it would work, but I was quite pleased. Two shots after pulling tape, one after first pass sanding.
danielb210
One Bad Altered!

Postby admin » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:39 pm

It's the attention to detail that sets a man's work apart from the rest. I would have not thought of that. It looks like they came out perfect. Very nice work. You are to be commended on this project.
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby danielb210 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:24 pm

admin wrote:It's the attention to detail that sets a man's work apart from the rest. I would have not thought of that. It looks like they came out perfect. Very nice work. You are to be commended on this project.

I agree, I couldn't stand not having it be everything I wanted. I want it nice enough and detailed enough, that people ask me where I bought it from. I think that would be the greatest complement I could recieve. I've been making lots of changes to the car, from the body, safety equipment and power. I've got all the pieces for a 541 bbc that should start assembly soon. Dart Big M race series block, Cola 4.25 crank, GRP Rods, JE 11.7:1 Hemi pin blower pistons, Keeter Performance Engineering Brodix BB3X 380 CNC heads with his twist, KPE custom ground cam, Crower shaft rockers and .904 lifters and some other bells and whistles. He sells a Top Dragster 532 that makes 2500 hp with a DMPE 14-71, and this motor is being built to his specs with my blower. I can't wait to get it all together.
danielb210
One Bad Altered!

Postby pdog » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:22 pm

danielb210 wrote: I can't wait to get it all together.

We can't wait either so get 'er done!

I'll go back to The Corner now :(

Dog...
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog
The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Postby Eric David Bru » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:40 pm

danielb210 wrote:Ok, couldn't help myself. Got it up on the cart and had to see what it was gonna look like. Tire isn't in the right spot, but you get the picture. Time to coat with glass and get ready to make the mold.

I really like the "stance".

EDB
Eric 8-)
The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
Eric David Bru
March Meet 2013 Champion Crew

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics