Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at if you have questions

ALL NEW USERS START HERE! Messages and information about the board- Guests do not see ALL the forums! Register and JOIN for full access to rock solid information.

New member here

Postby Phantom » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:52 pm

My name is Chris Dansereau..I started racing in 1969 with a D Modified production Camaro.
Raced an A stock Hemi Cuda in the '80's, I built the engine in the race engine shop I worked in part time, along with assembling motors and doing head work. stopped racing for a while... Got my pilot's license.
A friend of mine had a FKE (formula kart experimental) and he wanted me to drive for him. They were hand built and looked like Formula 1 cars, 2 stroke engines.
I did that for about 10 years.
Building and flying model helicopters and model pylon races also.
First interest will always be drag racing!
A FD peaking my interest lately...

Re: New member here

Postby gilracing » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:50 am

Welcome Chris,
It sounds like you have had a long and storied past with many experiences to share. Do you have any projects presently? There is a wealth of knowledge here and most more than willing to share it.

Postby Phantom » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:52 am

Stew, Thanks for the welcome. No projects as yet, reading to see if I am up to a new challenge, want some fun but also love mechanical endeavors and learning new. Looking over all the posts to maybe make a somewhat informed decision before I get serious. I don't have much interest in index racing prefer heads up. Looks like a steep curve for injected nitro but not impossible. The new B class looks interesting as they allow rear engine, but race mostly in the other end of the country as of now, that is not appealing. Also don't want to be the only one or two in the class. This looks like a great place to tank up on lessons. Chris

Postby pdog » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Welcome Chris,,,

Don't believe anything "they" say about "P-Dog" or "The Corner"...
All vicious rumors I say!!!

The Unnamed Pooch....
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Postby admin » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:17 am

Welcome aboard Chris:

You will have a lot of reading here and there is more information that is REAL than you can shake a stick at. We also have a little fun from time to time so it's not all homework and lessons. Enjoy, feel free to roam around and ask all the questions you have. This is the friendliest group you're ever going to find on the internet, and also the smartest group of people hands down. There is more ACTUAL experience here than you'll find on most other forums. Take advantage of the wealth of info and you'll be amazed at the knowledge that you gain.
This space for rent.
Conspiracy Theory

Postby JCHansen » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Welcome Chris, you'll find allot of race car info on this site.
What part of the country are you located, it sounds like the east coast "B Fuel races the other side of the country", because it sounds like you might be interested in heads-up nostalgia racing. If you live with-in driving distance of New England, you might want to attend the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion there in Sept 12-15.
You just missed the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, which was a great event.
There is a great group of heads-up racers in Texas racing alky injected FED JrFuel in Tx and OK, SouthWest Jr Fuel Ass, and another TX group, South West Heritage Racing Ass that race 1/8 mile brackets racing injected and blown FED and Alterds.
There also is the Southern Slingshots, you might also check with John at Cen Pen Speed shop in Grantville, PA, he builds FED and just finished the Bruce Larson replica Funny car, he'll know what's going on with nostalgia racing on the east coast.
At any rate, feel free to call me in Calif if you are interested in FED's, 805-444-4489, Hayden Wheels
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
March Meet 2013 Champion

Postby Phantom » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Thaks for the welcome admin and J C. Will go to the nostalgia race in September and expand my base. Thank you for the invite to talk with you JC very gracious. I live in R.I. , have around six tracks within five hours, not bad. Deciding new or used right now, as I know how many incidentals required to finish a ride. Maybe buy a new one and an old one to pick parts off. On the other hand you can get the latest improved equipment new, and the exact parts you would perceive to be the best combination. Also not be fighting to keep up with worn out parts for a little while if new. If you buy a used one at least you have a starting point and the possibility, The previous owner would be open to providing some guidance if warranted. Have read for around five days most of the forums, people seem to be straight forward and not mince words(I like that), but more than willing to share. Back to reading. Chris

Postby Dale Johnson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Hey, welcome aboard, it looks like there is some real fun in your future.
AKA "The Buttermilk Bomber"
Dale Johnson

Forum Statistics