Active Duty Military Accounts are Free

Membership is $40.00 Per Year (USD) for Full Access

Please make sure that your payment is in USD or the proper conversion from your currency

Payments not made in this way will be returned.

Email me at jim@hre.com if you have questions

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. So we know that Racing isn't a "HOBBY" with anyone here. So in your "off time" what do you do to unwind? Fish, Ride Motorcycles, Bowling, Paint? Let's hear about your favorite thing to do when you don't have to do anything else.

Metal Detecting

Postby admin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:30 pm

It's not that I have so much free time, but the doctor told me that I needed to walk more.. I figured that I walk plenty in the shop, but putting a pedometer on my phone told a different story... I hit the phone on the table a couple of times that first week because I was sure that I walked WAY more than that damn counter was saying. Well, turns out it wasn't I guess the shop is too small to get a good walk in and standing in front of the machines all day or sitting at the welding table evidently does not qualify as "walking"... Who knew?

So I had to come up with a reason to walk (other than the doctor said it would be good).. Enter Metal Detecting... one of those things I was always kind of interested in doing but never got around to it.. So now I took the plunge and bought myself a nice machine that I can also use at the beach.. (I have an acquaintance of mine who hits the beach regularly and has an astonishing collection of gold rings, necklaces, pins, earrings, pendants, money clips etc.) So off I went into the woods and swung that damn machine for 3 hours.. Dug about 200 holes and got my pedometer to actually register a number higher than 6.... The next day I was easily able to audition for a Ben-Gay commercial, but I gallantly stuck to my guns and went out again... After a week of this I actually began to feel okay.. Of course the next week I went out and got bitten by a tick which went unnoticed for a day or two... How the HELL do we have TICKS ALREADY? I guess the warm snap woke the little bastards up. So I waited the 30 days to see if I'd develop symptoms (which is hard if you are sore and achy all the damn time anyway).. But so far, no problems.

Oh and the Metal Detecting has gone actually pretty well. There isn't a day that I go out that I don't find SOMETHING.. usually regular coins, but hey, it's the first thing that I've ever been involved in that actually let me come home with MORE money than I started with.. So I guess I"ll keep it up, but when I see that damn doctor you can bet I'll be whining about my Tick Bite...

By the way, it's a Garrett AT Pro and it's completely waterproof to about 10 feet so if I fall off the dock, the machine won't get damaged...

coins.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Re: Metal Detecting

Postby pdog » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Bring your metal defector up here on the hill and we’ll go look for yellow chunks, there are a lot of them up here just waiting for you :!: BTW: We have our own ticks, no need to bring yours :lol: :lol:

Yappy~
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog
The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Postby admin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:00 am

Man I may have to plan a vacation....Admin and the Dog.. GOLD HUNTERS! I see a TV show in the works
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby pdog » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:56 am

Colorado has a “mineral belt” that extends from the 4 corners area all the way to the Peoples Republic of Boulder, if you go home empty handed it’s because you didn’t look…

Yappy~
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

I ❤ FLATHEADS

I ❤ 4 BANGERS

WNC
pdog
The ORIGINAL Original Stone Age Man

Postby bigal » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Jim,

Just take time out to go to the drags, I had a pedometer on last season and clocked between 7 and 14 miles a day. :-)

Alan
Just a touch more blower
bigal
The Sandman

Postby uglytruck » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:31 pm

My Dad was really into Detecting or " coin shooting" as they used to call it. He would go into the old neighborhoods of Portland very early in the morning and find the best stuff there. Old parks were always very good. As a kid I used my dad's old White's Electronics machine once to find a 1938 Rangers Of America decoder badge. At a park in Portland Dad found a 1936 Captain Midnight decoder badge. It used to be a lot of fun looking at all the old stuff he'd bring home. Some times he got "skunked" but still had a good time.
Clay Allen

Clay's Transmissions
High Performance Transmissions and Parts

Simul Iustus et Peccator
uglytruck
Sky King

Postby pogster41 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:51 am

bigal wrote:Jim,

Just take time out to go to the drags, I had a pedometer on last season and clocked between 7 and 14 miles a day. :-)

Alan

That might explain why my body aches so much since I gave up the driving . :o :o
"You won't like me when I'm angry. Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources." - The Credible Hulk.
pogster41

Postby admin » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Drag racing here in New York is NON EXISTANT! E-town is about the only venue within any reasonable driving distance but the quality of racing there has deteriorated to the point that unless there is an actual event, it's like going to Fountain Avenue and watching the "brothers" throw down. That coupled with National event entry fees... Well, I ain't much of a spectator to begin with. II'm saving up all the coins I find to buy a ticket to the west coast and see all my Hooligan Friends one day! :mrgreen:

Clay:
I have a Whites V3i which is like having X-Ray vision. There are so many controls and adjustments that it's like piloting a spaceship. Your dad would love it! The best part of this is that I don't have to talk to anyone LOL.
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Postby GregM784 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:44 pm

Do they have airplanes in NY? Because i've been begging for you to get your upstate ass to the Patch for about 10 years...........You know, where like 20 HOOLIGANS hang out on a regular basis?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Means
Garden Valley, CA
Budget Bender Racing
http://www.MeansRacing.com
GregM784
Burnin' down the house

Postby admin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:32 pm

It's on my bucket list big shooter... I have to go prospecting with the Dog First (on his motoring bike or his no reverse truck).... :mrgreen: In the meantime, I'm leaving YOU in charge of the Reunion Hooligans....
This space for rent.
admin
Conspiracy Theory

Next
Forum Statistics